Sunday, April 29, 2012
My Mark Twain Quote
"All generalizations are false, including this one."-Mark Twain. I like this quote by Mark Twain because of how often this rings true. So many times people will complain about something, or explain something with a generalization that is not necessarily true for every individual who belongs to this group. Sometimes it is like, oh, well he/she is a certain race so what do you expect. Or, well all guys are jerks and all they want is sex. Or all girls are crazy and dumb. None of these things are true for every single individual in these groups, and this is one of my biggest pet peeves. And given I do do it sometimes, but if i hear someone do it, I always try to call them on it because it just annoys me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment