Friday, January 27, 2012

My Encounter with the Deer

One time, me and my family was in the Wisconsin Dells and they had a deer park outside of the resort. So we went and visited that, and it was this big open space where the deer could come up to you and you could feed them. It really wasn't that realistic though, because the deer had been so used to being fed by the people coming to the park, they would nuzzle you and beg for food. They were much like dogs and they seemed domesticated (whether they are or not I do not know). Now I was about 8 at the time and was pretty afraid of the deer at first, but eventually I warmed up to them and was feeding them. For a long time I always thought of deer this way, being like dogs. But a couple years later I realized that that probably wasn't how real deer acted. So I guess it was an experience with nature, no matter how unrealistic it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment