Saturday, November 5, 2011
My Ending to the PIt and the Pendulum
The walls start closing in, I start panicking. I am one inch away from being in the pit and the walls close in until I am forced into the pit. I fall in pitch blackness for about five seconds, when I suddenly I land on something bouncy yet firm. I put my hands down to feel what I have landed on, and find I have landed on gelatin jello. Someone must have filled the pit halfway with jello since I had tested the depth of the pit before. I look back and forth and find there is a small passage to my right, lit by torch light. I see skeletons on both sides of me. I assume they are of men who had the same fate as I. I get to the end of the narrow hallway and find I am actually high halfway down a gigantic cliff. There appears to be no way to escape. No place to go. When suddenly, a seagull flies by at an incredible speed. I call out to him, and he lands next to me and asks me what I want. I was astonished, I had never met a talking animal before. I asked him his name, and his name was Jonathon. Livingston. Seagull. I asked him to take me far away from there. So I hopped on his back, and we rode through time until the early 21st century. We visited a small Lutheran School in a small town called Rockford. Jonathon said he had to visit an old friend, named Stan Dobler. So we went and met up with his friend Stan, had dinner at his house, and sat down in his class. We then met a wonderful kid named Nick Prabhakar, who just seemed like a great guy, a real, quality person. He told me all about his life, and I told him my story. He freaked out when I told him I was "that guy" from the Pit and the Pendulum story by Edgar Allen Poe. He brought me in to his English class, and Mrs. Williams told Nick that he was truly a special kid, and gave him an automatic A+ in her class, and said he did not have to do anything else for the rest of the year. And Nick lived happily ever after. The End.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What a very interesting ending Nick.
ReplyDeleteDream on, Nick. Seriously...very creative ending...but not really true to the rest of the story...
ReplyDelete